Current issues with OLI Flowsheet:ESP
Here are some of the known issues with the OLI Flowsheet: ESP program.
Non-ESP programs bundled with the ESP install not included with OLI Flowsheet
There are several classes of programs that were bundled with the original ESP installation files. These programs are largely replaced by OLI Studio but some are not.
- CSP Corrosion
- This program is completely replaced by OLI Studio: Corrosion Analyzer. It is not available with OLI Flowsheet: ESP
- OLI Databook
- This program is being phased out. At the moment the program can be distributed to end-users upon request. It is not available with OLI Flowsheet: ESP. A New program is being developed to replace this. OLI is migrating to a more modern database architecture and all OLI programs will require a new databook tool.
- OLI Toolkit
- This program is largely replaced by OLI Studio: Stream Analyzer.
- OLI Express - This is completely replaced by OLI Studio: Stream Analyzer and is not available with OLI Flowsheet: ESP.
- WaterAnalyzer - This is completely replaced by OLI Studio: Stream Analyzer and is not available with OLI Flowsheet: ESP.
- Prochem - The programs ElectroChem and DynaChem are not replaced by any program however they are not available with OLI Flowsheet: ESP. If you require these programs please contact OLI Systems.
- OLI Estimate
- This program is not available with OLI Flowsheet: ESP nor in ESP-Original.It is has been completely deprecated.
OLI has changed the format of the OLI databanks from the original 39 files developed for the FORTRAN code to a single SQL file. This makes maintaining the software much easier. However, it will require any users that have ESP databanks to convert them to the new SQL format. A tool has been provided under the OLI Flowsheet program group.
Multiple models are supported in OLI Flowsheet:ESP
Pseudocomponents and Assays
Assay and pseudocomponent names are remapped to a nonspecific name in the model file. For example, in ESP Original the assay name CRUDE would generate the pseudocomponent cut names (based on distillation data) of the type CRUDE_273K, CRUDE_283K,etc. In OLI Flowsheet: ESP the name becomes UD_273K. This should not be a problem because the name is properly remapped back in the reports and output calls. Only debugging tasks will see these remapped names.
Current Support Status
The current version of OLI Flowsheet is 11.0.1 build 9 (188.8.131.52) released in June 2021
There are many unit operations in the ESP Original program. Most have been or will be implemented in OLI Flowsheet: ESP. Some unit operations are not yet ready but are planned for inclusion. Other unit operations are not planned for inclusion in the software since OLI's business interests have migrated away from those areas.
These undeveloped unit operations will continue to be supported in the ESP Original program.
Those unit operations in the third column Future Development which are blank are planned for inclusion but have not yet been scheduled for development.
|ESP Original Unit Operation||Currently Supported in OLI Flowsheet:ESP||Under Development||Future Development Plans|
|Feed Forward Controller||YES|
|Calculator: Excel interface||NO||NO||YES|
|Calculator: User subroutine||NO||NO||YES|
|Reactor:Bio||NO||NO||NO, Still supported in ESP-Original|
|Precipitator||NO||NO||this product may be deprecated|
|Crystallizer||NO||NO||NO, Still supported in ESP-Original|
|Saturator||NO||NO||NO, Still supported in ESP-Original|
|Dehydrator||NO||NO||NO, Still supported in ESP-Original|
|Electrodialysis||NO||NO||YES, Expansion of ESP capabilities|
|Electrolyzer||NO||NO||YES, Expansion of ESP capabilities|
|Clarifier (Bio)||NO||NO||NO, Still supported in ESP-Original|
|Xcrystallizer||NO||NO||NO, Still supported in ESP-Original|
|MSMPRCrstal||NO||NO||NO, Still supported in ESP-Original|
User Interface Issues
Linking to other OLI Programs
Linking to OLI Studio/Analyzers
Import from ESP Original
- Importing supported
- Some blocks not yet implemented will fail to open.
Export to ESP Original
- Exporting to ESP BIN Files
- Exporting the process to the BIN file will create both a BIN file and a MOD file for the chemistry.
Operating Systems Supported
All operating systems from Microsoft Windows Vista and later are supported. Microsoft Windows XP and earlier are not supported.